Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Piece of the Dinosaur World Today

The dinosaur plant has been around wen dinosaurs were around.It looked like a dry,shredded potato at 1st.In ball form, it is not dead. It's just a sleep.I didn't know plants can sleep.It can sleep up to 50 years.It requires a little bit of water.When it is fully grown it looks like a flat,green tumbleweed.

What it looked like before we put it in water.


Running it under water.


Placing it with the Lava Rock from New Mexico.


After 1 hour in water.


18 hours later

5 comments:

  1. That's cool! Tell us more about it - will it grow much bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie, hi! It does not grow much bigger than this. I have to be careful not to over water it because it can grow mold. The mold will dry out as the plant dries out and goes back to sleep. I can wake it up again at any time. Right now I want it to go back to sleep to get rid of the mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and at first I thought the mold was dandolions, but mom said it was mold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you documented that very well. I didn't know such plants existed. Where did you find the plant? Would we have this here in California??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. Any plant in my garden would be waterlogged as we get a lot of rain here in London. But our pond is full and our frogs like it.

    Cool that you can put it to sleep and wake it back up too.

    ReplyDelete